Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Insanity and playing the waiting game (186 Days!!)

I should be studying for my Chinese Medicine mid-term that takes place this Tuesday (holy crap, mid-terms already?) but I'm taking a break. Study breaks are important. They are important because they keep your brain from working so hard that it somehow liquefies itself and begins to ooze out of your ears. Yes, this is bad, and I am a mere term or two away from brain liquefaction, so I am taking a break to allow it to re-congeal into the brain matter I need to retain the bazillion different acu-points I need to have crammed in head by Tuesday.

So there.

In the past week I have looked at airfare to Canada and sent in my last readily completable scholarship application. It's not much, but it is certainly an important step. It may not have been during the month of January (as the more discerning readers may remember was my goal) but my taxes and FAFSA took a little longer than expected.

So, now that all that is done, what must I do, you ask?
Wait.
I hate waiting, but for now, I must. I am waiting on Semester at Sea. I am waiting for them to announce what Visa's I will need to acquire and what vaccinations I will need to get before I leave, information that probably wont be posted for another month. I am also waiting on the financial aid disbursement notifications so that I know how much more money I will need to raise in order to sail in August, information I wont know until June 3rd.
So, I wait.

Waiting sucks. It makes me feel like there is something I should be doing. Which, short of booking flights and hotels, there isn't.


I guess waiting is good though, since I need extra time to remain sane and do the work that I have to do for my classes this semester *cough* Chinese medicine and french *cough*

Until next time, I remain insanely yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment