Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Summer Time! (111 Days!)

Well, it is done. My last semester as a sophomore is complete, grades are posted and I am officially a junior. This past semester has easily been the most challenging semester of college I have yet been crazy enough to undertake. Yesterday while I was on the phone with my mom she patiently listened to me as a stressed out about my final grades. She listened to me say how I would never ever take 19 credit hours again, and the laughed at me. Upon hearing this declaration my mom said "Yes you will". I hate to admit when my mother is right, but I imagine, now that grades have been posted and I didn't fail any classes, she will be right. I came out of this semester bruised, beaten and with significantly less sleep than a person should have, but with 4 A's, and 3 B's. The semester was hard, but ultimately worth it, like all things that are difficult.

I am both relieved and saddened by the close of this year. It has been one of the best years. I took fun classes, learned a ton, met awesome people and had a great time. I have to admit that I will miss my lovely roommate, Rebecca. I wont know what to do with myself without her zaney antics (though my dishes will be cleaner). I hope I'm as lucky with roommate assignments on semester at Sea as I was this past year with Rebecca.

In other, somewhat more stressful and relevant news, today is the day that the Presidential Scholarships are announced. If everyone could do me a favor and send me some helpful vibes and nice, happy thoughts my way, I could use them. For real.

So, it's now summer time, which means sun, sleeping in, and summer music. Summer also means the last of the major Semester at Sea preparations are beginning. VISA applications should be sent out within the next week or so, we register for classes May 25th, and Financial Aid will be announced and posted on June 3rd. It's crazy to think how much closer I am to Semester at Sea and how quickly the summer will fly by.
Since I will have more time now for sleeping and cultivating my sanity, you all can expect more frequent blog posts. Semester at Sea is just around the corner and I cant wait to make it into this last home stretch.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment