Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

I HATE needles (47 days!!)

My life is beginning to feel like a sprint to the finish line, and the finish line is a marathon of its own. With a mere 47 days until I board the ship that will carry me around the world, and only 42 days until I leave my home for a 2 day train trip and a day in New York City, I am feeling as if I am closing in on my finish line- and that is a weird feeling.

I got my Yellow Fever and Polio vaccines yesterday- something that is both gross, painful and exciting. I hate shots, and needles. And not like people hate onions or country music. I mean I hate needles. They are the stuff that plagues my nightmares and makes me weep. I have, however, been working on my fear of needles (I did get acupuncture this past year that went swimmingly) but it's still something I hate. I still have 2 shots to go (TDAP and Hep A) and the Typhoid pills, but the truly horrible ones are over (and the 2 super expensive ones). I would like to thank my Mamaw for sponsoring the vaccines. It was very nice of her to do so (even if I hated them).

I also got my Visa's and Passport back in the mail earlier this week! I look at those three travel Visa's in my passport and marvel at how expensive they were.

My Mom and I will be setting out on a number of tasks today- the first is to start aggressively making lists of the things I will need to pack for this trip in one of the 3 rolling duffel's I have and to pack for the imminent move into my position as an RA when I return from Semester at Sea. Trying to make sure nothing gets overlooked for a nearly four month trip is exhausting and scary. The second task will be to clean up the house for the arrival of my best friend from Florida for my birthday! I turn 22 on Wednesday, and that happens to be the day that one of my bestest friends, Oriana, arrives to visit from the sunshine state! Which is very exciting. The very last thing that must happen today is catching up my mother in preparation for the VERY LAST Harry Potter Movie!! My mom hasn't really paid any attention to the 6th movie (despite the fact that I have forced her to watch it hundreds of times) and has never even seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1! And since the last movie comes out this next week, these two movies must be revued.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast time seems to be going now. I am so very excited for you and happy to see you go, although I will miss you terribly!! I think I am having as much time helping you get ready as you are when you go! Well, you might have more fun! :-)
    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete