Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Great big beautiful tomorrow!!! (59 Days!!)


I just receive some AMAZING news from my wonderful Student Services Advisor, Kestrell. After an appeal, explaining my personal financial situation, the financial aid director has awarded me an additional $2,500 to my need based grant, bringing the total to $7,500!!!!! This leaves me with a balance of $1,385 left!

Dear readers, I cannot tell you how happy this has made me!! This voyage is real!!!! I am going to go Semester at Sea, it is no longer a leap of faith, it is an actuality! I am really going!

The first thing I say every time one of these wonderful occurrences has happened for me is this "I am going! I'm really going abroad!!" (usually while jumping up and down or hugging my mom to the point that she cannot breathe... or both). Every day this voyage feels more real than the day before. It's a feeling I never think possible, and then, like a miracle, it just gets better. The feeling pulses through my body and elates me even more than I thought it could just the day before.

More than anything, I want to say how wonderful the people who are at Semester at Sea are. They are truly wonderful and I cannot say enough nice things about them.

Just as a kind of side note, the title for today's blog post comes from a Walt Disney World ride called the Carousel of Progress that was a mantra for much of my middle and high school careers. I thought it was fitting for today's outburst of joy! Here's a youtube version of the ride in 2 parts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3eJHvO83_s&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbFUggYn89E&feature=related

PS- Sorry for all the exclamation points in today's post. I just can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment